A few weeks ago we told you about our back porch makeover project we were working on for a friend. Today, we are sharing with you the big reveal!
Ten years of homeowner use and this porch was in sore need of a little TLC. On our friend’s wish-list for this area: an outdoor living space for reading, relaxing, watching her morning birds, and dining al fresco with family.
We are in love with the finished product…especially the ceiling! Scroll through for all the before and after pics!
Here’s what we did:
- A good power-washing
- Fresh, semi-gloss, white paint on all the trim, and Sherwin William’s Serious Gray on the ceiling squares
- An updated color palette of gray, yellow, and teal
- New patio cushions from At Home, but we were also able to work our friend’s current teal accent pillows into the design
- New 5×7 outdoor rug from HomeGoods
- New mosaic patio table from TJ Maxx that seats four
- Updated accessories: a remote-controlled LED lantern (we added the ribbon and the sand-dollar), a custom painting from a dear friend, and outdoor dishes from Hobby Lobby that matched our palette
We’re still adding a few more items to this back porch makeover here and there, but we couldn’t wait to show you the after pictures now. Leave a reply below and tell us what you think!
Looking for more back porch makeovers? We’re working on another one this week…check back with us later for the update or signup for our newsletter so you don’t miss it!