During the month of February, I am always drawn to the vibrant color red. It is difficult to ignore all the Valentine’s red in the stores, so perhaps this is why I lean towards tints of red this time of the year. But in using red, I also want to be careful to avoid looking like I forgot to take down my holiday decor! Although I love a brilliant pop of red all throughout winter, spring will be here before we know it. So during the month of February, I enjoy mixing red with a few fresh, new colors and a bright blend of red, yellow, and turquoise does the trick.
Take a look at the psychological meanings of each color:
Red – energizing, passionate, dramatic
Yellow – nourishing, comforting, hospitable
Turquoise – compassionate, cooling, faithful
Our February Mood Board celebrates all that the second month of the year should be: passionate, hospitable, and cooling…the perfect link between winter and spring. Links to each picture in the board can be found below if you want to know more.
Picture sources from the top left to bottom right:
- Shabby Chic Frames from Mountain Cove Antiques
- Yellow Door by Alan Ling
- Richloom Outdoor Fresca Fiesta Fabric from Online Fabric Store
- Cardinal Tassel from Classic Tassels and More. See more of our collection of bird tassels here.
- 1950’s Rappi Embroidered Silk Organza Dress from Xtabay Vintage
- Vintage Valentine’s Table from Tabletop Time
- Vintage Tin Cans from Rock-n-Roll Bride
- Red Cupboard from Opulent Cottage
- Red Transferware from Nadine’s Nook
What’s your favorite inspiration from our February Mood Board?