After the holiday dishes are stored neatly back in the closet, after the New Year’s champagne has been sipped, and after the last of the Christmas tree needles have been swept away…there is nothing that pleases me more than to refresh my home with a little winter wonderland decor. Switch out a throw blanket here, update a rug there, pull out my white dishes for the dining room and I’m ready for a new year. Usually, I lean towards fresh whites and pale blues as I’m switching my accents out, but this year I am drawn to mellow grays and lavenders. Something about these colors invites a cozy blanket, a good book, and a soft snow falling all around.
Our January Mood Board celebrates all that the first month of the year should be: warm and cool at the same time. Links to each picture in the board can be found below if you want to know more. Keep your eye on the weather forecast and think quiet, mellow, and relaxed.
Picture sources from the top left to bottom right:
- Gray and White Neutrals Quilt from Diary of a Quilter
- Lavender Blackberry Martini from Monica Hart-La Famiglia Design
- Black and White Snowman Tassel from Classic Tassels and More. See more of our seasonal tassels here.
- Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup from Creme de la Crumb
- Cookies and Cream Macarons from Broma Bakery
- Lavender, Purple, Gray Chevron Throw Pillow Cover from The Red Pistachio
- Natural Lavender Soap from Lovely Greens
- Adela Rug in Gray from Joss & Main
- Winter Floral Arrangements from Colin Cowie Weddings
What’s your favorite inspiration from our January Mood Board?